The Product Manager, Health & Dental Plans provides day-to-day management of the Health Connector’s Qualified Health Plan (QHP) and Qualified Dental Plan (QDP) product offerings. The Product Manager will engage in the full lifecycle of product development and implementation, including strategy formation, procurement via the Seal of Approval process, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders. In this capacity, the Product Manager/Senior Product Manager will play a key role in the Health Connector’s offering of health and dental products to more than 200,000 individuals and small business employees throughout Massachusetts.
- Support the annual Seal of Approval process, whereby QHP and QDP product design requirements are issued to potential carriers seeking to sell on the exchange, including the development of new strategic health and dental plan initiatives and the formulation of the annual Request for Responses
- Design, in collaboration with the Chief Actuary, standardized and subsidized medical and dental plans for sale on the exchange using the Federal Actuarial Value Calculator
- Manage the collection and review of the carrier’s Seal of Approval submission materials, including the analysis of plan designs, provider networks, service areas, and overall product value
- Support the Health Connector’s legal staff in the development, negotiation and finalization of carrier contracts
- Manage day-to-day plan management activities including IT system development, plan loading, and testing in collaboration with vendors and carriers
- Manage Seal of Approval and plan management related communications with the medical and dental carriers
- Serve as the Health Connector’s internal expert on the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filings (SERFF) materials
- Serve as a liaison to the MA Division of Insurance for health and dental plan related topics
- Monitor state and federal regulatory and statutory policies related to Qualified Health and Dental plans and communicate relevant updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver memoranda and presentations supporting product design and policy decisions to the Board of Directors, carriers, and other external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; advanced degree preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, including insurance product design, health insurance exchange activities, policy analysis and project management experience
- Knowledge of health insurance exchanges and general health care policy issues, with specific experience in areas such as quality measurement, payment reform or value based plan design
- Working knowledge of the ACA, specifically related to implementation of health insurance exchanges
- Experience with health or dental insurance plan design, and/or actuarial value calculations desirable
- Ability to work independently; lead teams focused on delivery of a variety of projects with tight timelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including executive presentation skills and advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, including strong knowledge of MS Excel, and ability to learn quickly in a complex, technical environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environments and move between projects
Salary: Salary range is competitive; salary will be commensurate with experience.
About the Health Connector:
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (the Health Connector) was created in 2006 to implement Massachusetts’ landmark health reform law that has served as the model for national health reform. The Health Connector is an independent state authority that has been designated as the official Massachusetts health benefits Exchange (or Marketplace) under the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA). In addition to overseeing the implementation of both state and federal health reform, the Health Connector is committed to enhancing the experience, services and health insurance products for individuals and small businesses shopping through the Exchange. The Health Connector is also responsible for overseeing policy and regulations geared toward furthering the goals of health reform combined with implementing ACA regulations.
If Interested: Send cover letter and résumé to Connectorfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the Applicant Disclosure Form and return with your application.