The Health Connector is an independent state authority that has been designated as the official Massachusetts health benefits Exchange under the federal Affordable Care Act. In addition to overseeing the implementation of both state and federal health reform, the Connector is committed to enhancing the experience, services and health insurance products for individuals and small businesses shopping through the Exchange. The Connector is also responsible for overseeing policy and regulations geared toward furthering the goals of health reform. More information about the Connector and its programs is available at www.MAhealthconnector.org.
The Health Connector’s External Affairs and Constituent Services Team is seeking an intern to join the team for the Fall of 2016. This individual will participate in ongoing constituent cases and other escalated cases that come through the external affairs office.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Senior Coordinator of Community and Governmental Relations to track and respond to constituent cases. Work closely with the Operations team to expedite resolutions of constituent cases
- Prepare written responses to legislative inquiries
- Assist External Affairs team with tracking key metrics and the progress of constituent cases
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Prepare briefs for outreach meetings and events
- Assist with non-group open enrollment planning and testing
- Assist with other business and legislative projects, as needed
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to work well on a team in a fast-paced and production-oriented environment
- Be able to communicate effectively with legislative aides
- Strong MS Office Suite skills, including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong writing skills
- Interest in healthcare reform and healthcare policy
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on projects
- Graduate student in public policy, public administration or public health preferred;
- bilingual skills a plus
Salary: This is a paid internship.
Length of Internship: Mid- October –January (minimum of 15 hours a week)
Interested: Send cover letter and resume to Connectoremail@example.com.